Monday, April 17, 2006

Driving at night.

Ugh. Thanks to everything being booked up, I've got no choice but to select one of my driving lessons at 7pm.

And it's only my 3rd lesson. >_>

As what's left of the sun slowly slid behind the horizon, what's left of the light faded away. Street lamps, asleep when the sun hangs in the sky like Tiger Wood's Masters trophy, flicker to life, lighting the streets for humans who have discovered, in this fast paced world today, that time is precious. Night time is meant for dancing around a camp fire or enjoying the stars.

Now, it's used as a damned driving lesson.

The differences are huge. You can barely see the car behind you, using it's blinding headlights to judge whether that sucker behind is about to overtake you or not. Right turns become 100% more difficult, as I've found out, since if pedestarians (with black T-shirt, FFS) suddenly decide to cross the road, chance is, your instructor is going to scream at you (which he did. Ugh).

If right turns are bad, I can think of something worse.

Cats running across the road. >_>

As a master of a cat (even though they have no masters), I can't run a cat down. So, when one ran across my path, I took evasive action.

Only...the wrong one.

Moving the wheel. (Note to self: Use the brakes next time)

Of course, the instructor found another reason to chid me. "If there was a cyclist beside, then you will bang him" was the words I remember so fondly. On top of that, he constantly reminds me that if there's no instruction given at a junction, I must drive straight, which he repeated for just about everytime I'm about to drive straight. :o

All in all, tiring, but fun.

But still....

Back to the mornings/afternoons next time. :o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home